MBBS in Philippines
Empowering Dreams, Transforming Lives: Pursue MBBS in Philippines through Nayee Disha
GET FREE COUNSELLING
IMPORTANT LINKS: MBBS in Philippines
List of Prestigious MBBS colleges in abroad in Abroad - Top Ranked Universities
Overview: MBBS in Philippines 2023
Overview: MBBS in the Philippines 2023
- Affordable Tuition Fees: The Philippines offers MBBS programs with comparatively affordable tuition fees, making it an attractive option for international students.
- Recognized Medical Universities: Medical universities in the Philippines are recognized by international medical bodies such as WHO, ECFMG, and MCI, ensuring the quality and recognition of the degree.
- English Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction in medical schools is English, facilitating easy understanding and communication for international students.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The MBBS curriculum in the Philippines emphasizes a strong foundation in basic medical sciences and extensive clinical training, preparing students for a career in medicine.
- Diverse Patient Population: The Philippines provides a diverse patient population, enabling students to gain practical experience and exposure to a wide range of medical conditions and cases.
- Affordable Cost of Living: The cost of living in the Philippines is relatively affordable, making it a cost-effective choice for international students.
- Licensure Examination: After completing the MBBS program, graduates must pass the licensure examination conducted by the PRC of the Philippines to practice medicine in the country.
- Opportunities for International Exposure: Many medical universities in the Philippines offer opportunities for clinical rotations and internships in the United States, enhancing students’ international exposure and career prospects.
- Multicultural Environment: The Philippines welcomes students from various countries, providing a multicultural environment that offers a rich cultural experience.
- The Philippines has become a popular destination for international students seeking to pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) due to its affordable tuition fees and high-quality education.
- The duration of the MBBS program in the Philippines is generally 5 to 6 years, which includes both academic and clinical training.
- The medical universities in the Philippines are recognized by international medical bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and Medical Council of India (MCI).
- English is the medium of instruction in medical schools, making it easier for international students to adapt and understand the coursework.
- The curriculum is designed to provide a strong foundation in basic medical sciences and extensive clinical exposure, preparing students for a career in medicine.
- The Philippines has a diverse patient population, allowing students to gain practical experience and exposure to a wide range of medical conditions and cases.
- The cost of living in the Philippines is relatively affordable compared to other countries, making it a budget-friendly option for international students.
- After completing the MBBS program, graduates are required to pass the licensure examination conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) of the Philippines to practice medicine in the country.
- Many medical universities in the Philippines offer opportunities for clinical rotations and internships in the United States, providing students with valuable international exposure and career prospects.
- The Philippines offers a multicultural environment, welcoming students from various countries and providing a rich cultural experience.
Embark on a Transformative Journey of Medical Education in Philippines
Embark on a Transformative Journey of Medical Education in the Philippines
- Excellent Medical Education: The Philippines offers excellent medical education with a well-established system that focuses on providing a strong foundation in medical sciences and practical clinical training.
- International Recognition: Medical degrees obtained from Philippine universities are internationally recognized and respected by medical organizations and licensing bodies worldwide.
- Experienced Faculty: Medical schools in the Philippines have a highly experienced and qualified faculty who are dedicated to providing quality education and mentoring students throughout their medical journey.
- English-Medium Instruction: The medium of instruction in medical schools is English, ensuring that international students can easily comprehend the coursework and actively participate in classroom discussions.
- Advanced Facilities: Philippine medical universities are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and modern laboratories, allowing students to gain hands-on experience with the latest medical technologies and equipment.
- Extensive Clinical Exposure: Students pursuing medical education in the Philippines receive extensive clinical exposure, gaining practical experience through rotations in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Multicultural Learning Environment: Studying in the Philippines provides a multicultural learning environment where students from diverse backgrounds come together, fostering cultural exchange and enriching the overall educational experience.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to other countries offering medical education, the Philippines provides affordable tuition fees, making it a cost-effective option for aspiring medical students.
- Vibrant Campus Life: Philippine universities offer a vibrant campus life with various extracurricular activities, student organizations, and events that contribute to a well-rounded educational experience.
- Global Opportunities: Completing medical education in the Philippines opens up global opportunities, allowing graduates to pursue further specialization, participate in international medical conferences, and explore career prospects worldwide.
Advantages of MBBS in Philippines: Unlocking a World of Opportunities
Medical Colleges in Philippines
Brokenshire College School of Medicine is a leading learning and transforming Evangelical Christian institution enabling learners to make a difference in the world. The school offers the MD/MBBS program with the caregiving manner and is accredited by TESDA in the Philippines.
Our Lady of Fatima University (OLFU) is a premier educational institution in the Philippines particularly in the field of allied health sciences. The university has become one of the most respected and admired educational institutions in the country today both in the field of paramedical and non-paramedical programs.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) is a private educational institution in the Philippines with campuses in Las Piñas, Molino, and Calamba. It was founded in 1975 by Dr. Jose G. Tamayo and Dr. Josefina Laperal Tamayo as a school for healthcare education.
Facts about Medical Education in Philippines
1. The Medical Education in Philippines comprises of M.D. as a four-year professional degree program which qualifies the degree holder to take the licensure exam for medical doctors in the Philippines.
2. The Primary Medical qualification is M.D. degree (equivalent to the MBBS degree) which is globally recognized including the Medical Council of India.
3. The living cost at Philippines is very less compared to other destination medical education systems.
4. Medical education in Philippines is an easy and affordable option for Indian International Medical students for various reasons including similarities like affordable cost of living and tuition, a homely and welcoming culture, state of the art infrastructure, an excellent quality of education and advanced practice oriented educational methods.
5. Medical education in Philippines is principally offered and developed by accredited and recognized medical schools in the country.
6. The scale-up of medical education will need the involvement of the Filipino Government, the Department of Health, medical schools, and even medical students.
7. The Philippines should commit to transforming medical education, which is an important step towards production of new health leaders for national and global health equity.
8. The Philippines offers the US Medical Education system.
Philippines at a Glance
Philippines at a Glance for MBBS
- Location: The Philippines is an archipelagic country located in Southeast Asia. It is known for its stunning tropical landscapes, beautiful beaches, and vibrant culture.
- Affordable Education: The Philippines offers affordable MBBS programs compared to many other countries, making it an attractive destination for international students seeking quality education at a reasonable cost.
- English as Medium of Instruction: English is widely spoken in the Philippines, and it is the primary medium of instruction in medical schools. This makes it easier for international students to understand lectures, engage with faculty, and communicate effectively with patients during their clinical training.
- Recognized Medical Institutions: Philippine medical institutions are recognized by international medical bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and Medical Council of India (MCI). This ensures that the degrees obtained from these institutions are globally recognized.
- High-Quality Education: The Philippines is known for its high-quality medical education. The medical schools follow a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on both theoretical knowledge and practical training, preparing students for a successful medical career.
- Clinical Exposure: Medical students in the Philippines receive extensive clinical exposure through rotations in hospitals and healthcare facilities. This hands-on experience allows students to develop essential skills and gain practical knowledge in a diverse range of medical cases.
- Opportunities for International Experiences: Some medical universities in the Philippines offer opportunities for international clinical rotations and internships. This allows students to gain exposure to different healthcare systems and broaden their perspectives on global healthcare practices.
- Cultural Diversity: The Philippines is a multicultural country that embraces diversity. International students studying MBBS in the Philippines have the opportunity to interact with students from different backgrounds and cultures, fostering a rich cultural experience and promoting global understanding.
- Post-Graduation Opportunities: After completing MBBS in the Philippines, graduates have various options. They can pursue further specialization, participate in residency programs in the Philippines or other countries, or even return to their home countries to practice medicine. Nayee Disha Education can assist aspiring students in navigating the process of studying MBBS in the Philippines, ensuring a smooth and successful educational journey.
Philippines at a glance:
The Philippines, officially known as the Republic of the Philippines, is a country located in Southeast Asia. It is an archipelago consisting of over 7,000 islands, offering stunning natural landscapes, vibrant cities, and a rich cultural heritage.
Here are some key points about the Philippines:
Geography: The Philippines is located in the western Pacific Ocean, southeast of mainland Asia. It is bordered by the Philippine Sea to the east, the South China Sea to the west, and shares maritime borders with several countries. The country is known for its diverse geography, including beautiful beaches, mountains, volcanoes, and lush rainforests.
Capital City: The capital city of the Philippines is Manila, which is a bustling metropolis known for its historic sites, modern infrastructure, and vibrant cultural scene. It serves as the economic, political, and cultural hub of the country.
Population: The Philippines has a population of over 110 million people, making it the 13th most populous country in the world. The population is diverse, with various ethnic groups, languages, and religious affiliations.
Official Languages: The two official languages of the Philippines are Filipino (based on Tagalog) and English. English is widely spoken and used for business, education, and government transactions, making it convenient for international students and visitors.
Culture and Heritage: The Philippines has a rich cultural heritage influenced by various indigenous, Malay, Spanish, and American influences. The country is known for its colorful festivals, traditional music and dance, arts and crafts, and delicious cuisine. Filipino hospitality is renowned, making visitors feel welcome and at home.
Education System: The education system in the Philippines follows a 12-year basic education cycle, consisting of six years of primary school, four years of junior high school, and two years of senior high school. The country is home to several prestigious universities and colleges offering a wide range of academic programs.
Tourism: The Philippines is a popular tourist destination known for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. Visitors can explore breathtaking destinations such as Palawan, Boracay, Cebu, and Bohol, as well as historical and cultural sites like Intramuros in Manila.
Economy: The Philippine economy is one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. It is driven by various sectors, including services, manufacturing, agriculture, and tourism. The country offers business and investment opportunities, attracting foreign investors from around the world.
Overall, the Philippines is a vibrant and culturally diverse country with stunning natural beauty, warm hospitality, and a growing economy. It offers a unique blend of modernity and traditional charm, making it an attractive destination for international students, tourists, and individuals seeking new experiences.
But... why choose Nayee Disha?
Several reasons why one may choose Nayee Disha for pursuing MBBS in the Philippines. Here are some key points to consider:
Expertise and Experience: Nayee Disha Education specializes in providing guidance and assistance to students seeking MBBS education in the Philippines. With their expertise and experience in the field, they can offer valuable insights, personalized support, and relevant information to help students make informed decisions.
University Selection: Nayee Disha Education has in-depth knowledge about the various medical universities in the Philippines. They can provide guidance on selecting the right university based on factors such as accreditation, curriculum, faculty, infrastructure, and student support services.
Admission Assistance: Applying to medical universities can be a complex process, especially for international students. Nayee Disha Education can assist students throughout the admission process, including application form filling, document preparation, and submission, ensuring that all requirements are met accurately and on time.
Visa and Travel Support: Navigating visa requirements and travel arrangements can be overwhelming. Nayee Disha Education can provide guidance and support in obtaining the necessary student visa, arranging travel logistics, and ensuring a smooth transition to the Philippines.
Financial Guidance: Nayee Disha Education understands the financial concerns of students and their families. They can provide information on the cost of education, scholarships, and available financial aid options, helping students make financially sound decisions.
Student Support Services: Nayee Disha Education offers ongoing support services to students during their entire educational journey. This may include assistance with accommodation, orientation programs, local support networks, and other resources to help students adapt to the new environment.
Alumni Network: Nayee Disha Education may have an established network of alumni who have successfully pursued MBBS in the Philippines. Connecting with alumni can provide valuable insights, guidance, and mentorship throughout the educational journey.
It’s important to have direct communication with Nayee Disha Education to learn more about the specific services they offer and how they can support your individual needs and aspirations in pursuing MBBS in the Philippines.
NMC Approved Medical University in Philippines & Grading
Indian Food in Philippines Medical Universities
Admission Process and Documents Needed
Admission process and the required documents needed for pursuing MBBS in the Philippines:
Research and Selection: Begin by researching medical universities in the Philippines that offer MBBS programs. Consider factors such as accreditation, curriculum, location, and affordability. Select the universities that align with your preferences and academic goals.
Application Form: Obtain the application form from your chosen university or through Nayee Disha Education. Fill out the form accurately and provide all necessary information.
Document Preparation: Gather the required documents for the application. Ensure that you have the necessary academic transcripts, certificates, identification documents, and other supporting materials as specified by the university.
Document Verification and Submission: Verify and authenticate all the required documents according to the university’s guidelines. Submit the completed application form and supporting documents to the university or through Nayee Disha Education, following the specified deadlines.
Application Review: The university’s admissions committee will review your application and supporting documents. They will assess your academic qualifications, English language proficiency, and other criteria to determine your eligibility for admission.
Admission Decision: Once the review process is complete, the university will notify you of their admission decision. If accepted, you will receive an admission letter or offer of admission.
Acceptance and Confirmation: If you receive an offer of admission, carefully review the details and conditions mentioned in the admission letter. Accept the offer by paying the necessary fees and confirming your intention to enroll in the program.
The specific documents required for admission may vary between universities. However, here is a general list of commonly requested documents:
- Completed application form
- High school transcripts or equivalent academic records
- Secondary school leaving certificate
- Birth certificate or passport
- Valid passport with a minimum validity period
- Passport-sized photographs
- English language proficiency test scores (such as IELTS or TOEFL) for non-native English speakers
- Recommendation letters (academic or professional)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) or Personal Statement
- Medical fitness certificate
- Any additional documents specified by the university
It is important to note that the document requirements may vary between universities and can be subject to change. Therefore, it is advisable to consult with Nayee Disha Education or refer to the official website of your chosen university for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the admission process and required documents.
Nayee Disha Education can assist you throughout the admission process, ensuring that you have the necessary documents and guiding you through each step to maximize your chances of successful admission to a medical university in the Philippines.
Cost of Studying: MBBS in Philippines
Cost of Studying: MBBS in Philippines
Studying MBBS in the Philippines offers a cost-effective option for Indian students seeking quality medical education. The cost of studying can vary depending on several factors, including the university, location, accommodation choices, and personal lifestyle. Here are the key aspects to consider:
Tuition Fees: The tuition fees for MBBS programs in the Philippines are comparatively lower compared to many other countries. The exact fees vary between universities but generally range from USD 2,500 to USD 7,500 per year. It is advisable to check the specific fees of your chosen university or consult with Nayee Disha Education for accurate information.
Living Expenses: The cost of living in the Philippines is generally affordable. It includes accommodation, food, transportation, utilities, and other daily expenses. On average, students should budget around USD 300 to USD 500 per month for living expenses. However, this can vary based on personal preferences and the city in which you reside.
Accommodation: Universities in the Philippines offer various accommodation options, including on-campus dormitories and off-campus apartments or shared houses. The cost of accommodation can range from USD 100 to USD 400 per month, depending on the location, facilities, and type of accommodation chosen.
Food and Meals: The cost of food in the Philippines is relatively inexpensive. Students can choose from a variety of affordable eating options, including university canteens, local eateries, and cooking their meals. On average, monthly food expenses can range from USD 100 to USD 200, depending on personal choices.
Books and Study Materials: The cost of books and study materials may vary depending on the university’s requirements and the specific subjects being studied. However, it is advisable to budget around USD 100 to USD 200 per year for books and study materials.
Health Insurance: Health insurance is an essential aspect to consider. Some universities may provide health insurance coverage as part of their fees, while others may require students to purchase health insurance separately. The cost of health insurance can vary but generally falls within the range of USD 100 to USD 200 per year.
It is important to note that the mentioned costs are approximate and can vary based on personal choices, exchange rates, and inflation. It is advisable to consult with Nayee Disha Education or the chosen university for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines.
Nayee Disha Education can provide further guidance on financial planning, scholarships, and available funding options to help you make informed decisions and manage the cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines efficiently.
Eligibility Criteria : MBBS Admission in Philippines
Eligibility Criteria: MBBS Admission in Russia
To pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) in Russia, there are certain eligibility criteria that students need to meet. The eligibility criteria may vary slightly depending on the university and program requirements. Here’s a brief overview of the general eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Russia:
Academic Qualifications: Students must have completed their secondary education or equivalent (10+2 level) with a science background, preferably with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects. It is essential to have a strong academic record throughout secondary education.
Minimum Age Requirement: Most Russian universities have a minimum age requirement for MBBS admission, which is usually 17 years or above at the time of admission. Students who have not yet reached the minimum age may need to wait until they fulfill this criterion.
Language Proficiency: While many Russian medical universities offer English-medium MBBS programs, some universities may require proof of English language proficiency. This can be demonstrated through standardized English language tests such as IELTS or TOEFL. However, it’s important to note that if the medium of instruction is Russian, universities may require proficiency in the Russian language. In such cases, students may need to provide proof of their Russian language proficiency.
Entrance Examinations: Some Russian medical universities may require students to appear for entrance examinations. These exams assess the student’s knowledge and aptitude in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The specific entrance examination requirements can vary depending on the university.
Eligibility Certificate: Some universities in Russia may require students to obtain an eligibility certificate from the Medical Council of India (MCI) or the respective medical council of their home country. This certificate verifies that the student is eligible to pursue medical education abroad.
It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria mentioned above provide a general overview, and specific requirements may vary from one university to another. It is advisable to consult with Nayee Disha Education or directly with the universities you are interested in for detailed and up-to-date information on the specific eligibility criteria.
At Nayee Disha Education, we assist students in understanding and fulfilling the eligibility criteria for MBBS admission in Russia. Our experienced team provides guidance and support throughout the admission process, ensuring that students meet the necessary requirements and have a smooth transition to their chosen university in Russia.
Navigating Your Doubts: Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our FAQ section – the go-to resource for answers to commonly asked questions. Whether you’re seeking clarity on our services, the admission process, or post-graduation opportunities, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions to provide you with the information you need. Take a moment to explore and gain valuable insights into Nayee Disha and our commitment to guiding Indian students towards a successful medical career abroad.
Yes, international students, including Indian students, can pursue an MBBS degree in the Philippines. The country welcomes students from around the world to its medical universities.
Yes, many medical universities in the Philippines are recognized internationally and have accreditations from organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). However, it is essential to verify the specific recognition and accreditation of your chosen university.
The medium of instruction in most medical universities in the Philippines is English. It makes it easier for international students, including Indian students, to understand the lectures and actively participate in classes.
Generally, most medical universities in the Philippines do not require students to take entrance exams for admission to their MBBS programs. However, it is advisable to check the specific requirements of your chosen university or consult with Nayee Disha Education for accurate information.
Yes, graduates from recognized medical universities in the Philippines are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. Clearing the FMGE enables graduates to practice medicine in India.
The cost of living in the Philippines is generally affordable. It includes accommodation, food, transportation, utilities, and other daily expenses. On average, students should budget around USD 300 to USD 500 per month for living expenses. However, costs may vary based on personal preferences and the city of residence.
Yes, many medical universities in the Philippines, recognizing the diverse needs of international students, including Indian students, provide Indian mess facilities on campus. These facilities offer a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian dishes. Additionally, there are Indian restaurants located near medical universities.
The Philippines does not allow international students to work part-time while studying. It is important to focus on your studies and comply with the immigration regulations of the country.
Some medical universities in the Philippines offer scholarships or financial assistance to deserving students. The availability and eligibility criteria for scholarships can vary between universities. It is advisable to check with your chosen university or consult with Nayee Disha Education for information on scholarship opportunities.
Yes, many medical universities in the Philippines provide hostel facilities or on-campus accommodation for international students. These facilities offer a convenient and secure living arrangement for students. It is recommended to inquire about the availability and details of hostel facilities with your chosen university or through Nayee Disha Education.
The duration of the MBBS program in the Philippines is typically 5 to 6 years. It includes both theoretical classroom instruction and practical clinical training. The exact duration may vary between universities, so it is important to confirm the program duration with your chosen university.
Yes, after completing your MBBS degree in the Philippines, you are eligible to apply for an internship in India. The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes the internship completed in the Philippines for Indian students. It is important to fulfill the eligibility criteria and follow the procedures outlined by the MCI for internship registration.